Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ultimate Cookies In A Jar

Cookies In A Jar
Photo Source: Creative Mess
Don't you think these cookies in a jar are the cutest? These make great gifts and really easy to do. In my case, I made some for my next door neighbor as a thank you. 

My neighbor's son has lawn and snow removal business. All winter long we had our driveway and sidewalk done after every snow fall...for no charge at all. How sweet is that? I had to do something. It is not often that you have kind people to do this kind of thing. Believe me when I say that I am  soooooo grateful and it helped me out tremendously. Since my husband's disability, a lot has fallen on my shoulders.

cookies in a jar
Photo Source: Creative Mess


I got the original recipe here. I just changed it up with the name, Ultimate Cookies. I made these cookies to test them and they are fabulous!

Directions for the Cookies In A Jar:


You will layer the dry ingredients in a 1 quart Mason Jar in this order.


1 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup old fashion oats
3/4 cup M&M
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 - 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Make sure you pack it down. The ingredients will fill the jar up to the lid. If there is not enough room for the pecans, you can leave it out or use some of it. I had no problems with fitting it all and placing the lid on.

I then used some fabric and ribbon to decorate it up some along with attaching the directions for the Ultimate Cookies. Which as follows...

Preheat oven at 350

In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients of 1 egg, 1 stick of butter, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Poor the cookie mix into a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in with the cookie mix. Use the back of a large spoon or your hands to work it all together.

Once all mixed, roll the cookie dough in to 1 1/2 inch balls, place them on a parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.

To make these seasonal, you can buy M&Ms that are in the holiday theme. I used the Easter theme.

Also, if you did not want M&Ms, replace it with the semi-sweet chocolate chips. There is a lot of different variations you could do by making adjustments of your own.

Enjoy!

Where I party!


Sunday


Monday



Tuesday

29 comments:

  1. OH my goodness, I love this idea so much!!! And I love the easter color of the m&m's, it adds an Eastery touch! I just wanted to stop in form the blog hop and let you know I am following your adorable blog! I would love for you to stop by and follow along if you'd like :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! And those cookies look so good! I am a new follower from the GFC blog hop :)

    eyeshadoweyeliner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Lovely blog! New follower from the Hop!

    Samantha
    http://www.a2ndlifevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea! I'll have to remember that the next time I have to give someone a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the colored m & m's in it. It makes it look so springy.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always up for a cookie! These look so great :) I love the spring colors. They will make a great gift! Thanks so much for sharing :) Krista @ http://ahandfulofeverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea - such a great Easter gift.

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do not underestimate the power of cookies to make you happy. Chomp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea! I love cookies....... mmmmmm.....
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cookies in a jar are so cute and the perfect housewarming gifts!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love anything in a jar that I can bake :o) Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays! love it! Really appreciate you stopping by my blog! I'm trying to keep in better touch with my linkers/readers... If you already follow me, please let me know I will find your blog on Bloglovin (I'm transferring my follows there)if you don't follow in any way, would you consider following via GFC or other method?
    www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    New follower. This is so cute. I love it. I'm gonna give it a try. Quick, easy, and adorable, that's what I like. Hope you will visit my blog and take a look around and maybe you might want to follow back.
    Best
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love how cookies in a jar look!

    Thanks for sharing your favorite post at Raising Imperfection! We feature our favorites on Friday, make sure to come back and check.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, so cute! Such a good gift idea! Thanks so much for linking up to Give Me The Goods Monday!!
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictures are incredible!! I have a shower to go to and I am going to put some of these together for an added gift. Not to mention some cookies around the house :) I know our readers would love to see this, too! Our Weekly All Things Thursday Link Up party is going on now at allthingswithpurpose.com, and we would LOVE for you to join us with this post and/or any others you'd like to share :) Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love getting cookies in a jar as a gift and I've been looking for instructions for making them myself. Thanks for teaching me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always thought gifts in a jar are such a sweet and thoughtful idea :)
    Thanks for linking up for WW!
    I'm also now following you on G+ :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look great! My favorite cookie recipe includes m&ms. Makes me wish I had gotten some pastel ones for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. These looks so beautiful. Would make a great basket filler for Easter Sunday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cookies in a jar is a most welcome gift! Yours look lovely :-) Thank you for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party ! See you on Tuesday again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable gift idea! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party. I hope you come visit & link again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely color scheme you choose for the jars. Beautiful. Sure the cookies will be great too. Thank you for sharing them with us. Can't wait to see what you'll be sharing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welldone - you have another favourite link of mine this week, and as such it will be featured tomorrow (04/04) :)
    Thank you so much for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays, I hope to see you again this week.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never made cookies in a jar, and I've always wondered how they'd turn out. Yours look great! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for linking up to Get Crafty Friday last week! Your cookies in a jar have been featured this week! Hope you stop by and check it out

    -Amy
    http://www.thestitchinmommy.com/2013/04/get-crafty-friday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for linking up to Create and Inspire last week! Tonight we're featuring YOU! http://anightowlblog.com/2013/04/create-inspire-party-45.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are perfect gifts all year round. I love the idea.

    Thank you so much for joining Pin It Monday Hop#2 Where you pin and get pinned (LINK). Please come back on Sunday at 5pm (CST)for our Pin It Monday Hop#3. Watch out for my 10 features soon. Pinned this to our Pin Board for re-pinning.
    Judy
    http://www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/
    http://www.kusinaniinday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please know that I do read each and every one of your comments. I will reply as much as I can and I will ansewers questions for sure. Thank you for commenting!

Due to large number of spam, I have turned on the word verification.

Joanne @ Creative Mess

Blogging tips