Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ultimate Cookies In A Jar

Cookies In A Jar
Photo Source: Creative Mess
Don't you think these cookies in a jar are the cutest? These make great gifts and really easy to do. In my case, I made some for my next door neighbor as a thank you. 

My neighbor's son has lawn and snow removal business. All winter long we had our driveway and sidewalk done after every snow fall...for no charge at all. How sweet is that? I had to do something. It is not often that you have kind people to do this kind of thing. Believe me when I say that I am  soooooo grateful and it helped me out tremendously. Since my husband's disability, a lot has fallen on my shoulders.

cookies in a jar
Photo Source: Creative Mess


I got the original recipe here. I just changed it up with the name, Ultimate Cookies. I made these cookies to test them and they are fabulous!

Directions for the Cookies In A Jar:


You will layer the dry ingredients in a 1 quart Mason Jar in this order.


1 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup old fashion oats
3/4 cup M&M
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 - 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Make sure you pack it down. The ingredients will fill the jar up to the lid. If there is not enough room for the pecans, you can leave it out or use some of it. I had no problems with fitting it all and placing the lid on.

I then used some fabric and ribbon to decorate it up some along with attaching the directions for the Ultimate Cookies. Which as follows...

Preheat oven at 350

In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients of 1 egg, 1 stick of butter, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Poor the cookie mix into a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in with the cookie mix. Use the back of a large spoon or your hands to work it all together.

Once all mixed, roll the cookie dough in to 1 1/2 inch balls, place them on a parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.

To make these seasonal, you can buy M&Ms that are in the holiday theme. I used the Easter theme.

Also, if you did not want M&Ms, replace it with the semi-sweet chocolate chips. There is a lot of different variations you could do by making adjustments of your own.

Enjoy!

Where I party!


Sunday


Monday



Tuesday

Blogging tips