Saturday, March 9, 2013

Slow Cooker Hearty Beef Stew

Slow Cooker Hearty Beef Stew

Beef Stew
Photo Source: Creative Mess 2013

This hearty beef stew is part of the slow cooker freezer meals that I wanted to try. This meal is easy and it tastes great. I like being able to throw all of the ingredients in a Ziploc bag then put it in the freezer. When I am ready, I just pull the beef stew out the night before to thaw and put it in the slow cooker in the morning. By dinner time, I have this great aroma of the old fashion beef stew! I made some corn bread muffins to go with it. This meal was a hit with my family! Definitely will be making more of this.

This recipe was adopted from the Six Sisters Stuff and is a part of their 8 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals in One Hour. I did all of the eight freezer meals which the beef stew is the first that my family and I have tried so far. As we try each of the freezer meals, I will share my results.

The recipe:


1lb beef stew meat (I cut mine up from bottom round)
4 carrots, cleaned and sliced
4 red potatoes, cleaned and cut into large cubes. (I left the skin on, but you can peel if you choose)
1 package of dry onion soup mix
2 cans of 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup (I used fat free low sodium)
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 10 ounce package frozen green peas 

Directions:

Place all of the ingredients in a resealable gallon sized freezer bag. Mix it up, close the bag, and place it in the freezer.

When ready to use, remove from freezer and thaw in the refrigerator 24 hours.

Empty the beef stew into the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 7-10 hours or HIGH for 5-6 hours

Serve with some warm corn bread muffins.

This meal fed 2 adults and 1 child. We had left overs for the next day.

Beef Stew
Photo Source: Creative Mess 2013

ENJOY!

Creative Mess Logo
Where I Party!

Thursdsay

Friday

Blogging tips